Sunday, April 1, 2012

Aussie Author Month

I'm not shy about the fact that I'm a proud Australian and I'd love to see Aussies more prominent in the international literature scene. A vital step to get there is making sure that we support Australian authors locally through buying their books and spreading the word about their awesomeness.

So in April I'm going to be discussing Aussie authors that I love and their works, Aussie authors that I'm hanging out to read and other aspects about the Aussie publishing industry that I've picked up along the way.

I invite you all to join me in this journey. The first step is to get out there and buy a book by an Aussie Author. I'm going to be buying Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. If you're into YA like me, then check out the Aussie YA Reading Challenge Group on Goodreads for some options.

Question: What Aussie book are you going to buy or read next?







post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Aussies! I'll read Pink by Lili Wilkinson to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't actually read Jellicoe Road, and I guess it's supposed to be really-really-really awesome, so I think I will add that to this month's reading list.

    ReplyDelete